I would like to be listed as a Yin Yoga teacher

If you would like us to add your name to the list of Yin Yoga teachers, send us a post including the following information:

Name;
Contact Information including:
Your web address;
Email address;
Phone;
Studio name and web address where
you are offering Yin Yoga classes;
A short bio or description of your Yin Yoga teaching (~100 words);
A small head & shoulders picture [You can add an image by typing [img]location[/img] where location refers to the location of your image on the web somewhere. Just right click on your own image and select "copy image location" and paste it in.]
TraceySoghrati

I would like to be listed as a Yin Yoga teacher

Post by TraceySoghrati »

Hi Bernie!

Thank you so much for your incredible book and I must add, it was a pleasure to study with you in person at the Toronto Yoga Conference!

Tracey Soghrati, Toronto ON, Canada
Email: traceybelanger@gmail.com
Web: www.soghratiyoga.com
Studios: Jivamukti Yoga www.jivamuktiyoga.ca, Rainbow Body Yoga: www.rainbowbodyoga.ca, Spynga: www.spynga.com

My exploration into Yoga began during University. What started out as an investigation into alternative forms of exercise evolved into a complete transformation of Self. As an 800+ hour certified Jivamukti Yoga teacher I continue to be inspired by all of my teachers and seek to honour them by incorporating their wisdom into my teaching. I have currently completed over 1000 hours of yoga teacher training with living masters.

The practice of Yin Yoga came into my life several years ago and I haven't looked back. I find that it is profoundly therapeutic in catalysing physical and spiritual transformation. I utilize yin yoga classes to help students understand physical anatomy, energetic blockages as well as mindfullness meditation.

I have studied/ taught health and wellness as well as anatomy and physiology in multiple forms throughout my professional career as a critical care nurse, Thai yoga massage therapist and health educator. My areas of specialty currently include perinatal education and support (breastfeeding, parenting, nutrition, and exercise), critical care, yin yoga and yoga therapy.

In the practice of Yoga Therapy I utilize assessment skills gained from working as a nurse and massage therapist to determine limitations in mobility related to habitual patterns of movement and basic anatomy. I then utilize yoga postures, breath techniques and manual therapy to encourage the body towards balanced, pain-free movement. Additionally, I support and guide each unique individual on their path to mental and spiritual wholeness.

I have been graced with the opportunity to study with Sharon Gannon & David Life as well as Seane Corne(Vinyasa), Susi Hately Aldous(Yoga Therapy), Mahar Roz (Iyengar), Noel Schroder, Leo Hauer & Bernie Clarke (Yin Yoga), Janice Clarfield (Prenatal Yoga), Jenny Sauer-Klein (AcroYoga), Natasha Rizopoulos, as well as Jeannine Woodall, Yumee Chung and Vanessa Kennedy (Jivamukti Yoga Toronto).