Yoga and Injury

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Robin

Yoga and Injury

Post by Robin »

I have been doing Yoga for 3 years - yin and Iyengar. I work at a rehab hospital and lift heavy patients and I'm old :) in my 60's. I've had 3 incidents in the past few months - was transfering a patient, they went the other way, I came down on my ankle, hurt bad, the next day no pain - tripped over a phone cord in a patients room, came down flat on my hip, sort of bounced and was back up on my feet before I could even think about it, bruised but no pain - yesterday wrenched my knee transferring a patient, had a shooting pain through my knee cap, today no pain and I did my yoga practice. I've noticed that all my back pain is gone and I never wake up stiff and sore. Is this all attributable to my yoga practice? I'm sold!
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

That is a very interesting tale! Who knows if yoga is what has been protecting you, but I am sure it has helped. Hopefully, the incidents where you get hurt will decrease too (no point taking more chances :wink: )
Robin

Post by Robin »

Unfortunately, there are a lot of back injuries, etc. in my line of work. I do your Yin yoga videos on Gaia TV and have listened carefully to your teaching on strengthening joints and ligaments. I think that the practice of Yin yoga has strengthened me to the point that I am not as susceptible to injury. I am super happy and grateful! Thanks!