Y I N S I G H T S
February 16, 2020
In This Issue:
- Nine Life-hacks for Aging Well
- Teacher Trainings & Retreats
- What’s new in the Forum?
- Other Interesting Events
YIN YOGA & MEDITATION TRAININGS
Yin is In! Yin Yoga has been with us since the beginning of Hatha Yoga centuries ago. But since the early 19th century, yoga has become more and more yang-like in nature. Everything requires balance: yin completes yang. Yin Yoga is the balancing practice for the more active, muscular yang yogas. There are more and more teachers offering Yin Yoga today, and more workshops and opportunities to learn how to become a Yin Yoga teacher. If diving deeper into the yin-side of life is on your bucket list, there are lots of opportunities for you
UPCOMING TRAININGS WITH BERNIE CLARK
7-Day Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Bernie does not travel to teach, so all of these 50-hour courses will be at the Semperviva Yoga Studios, in Vancouver, Canada. The Yin Yoga Teacher Training Program offered at the Semperviva Yoga College and given by both Bernie and Diana Batts is a unique way to deepen your yoga practice and touch tissues rarely worked in a more active yang style of yoga. For 200 hour certified teachers the credits of the course can be applied towards the 500 hour certification offered by Semperviva. However, this training is not just for yoga teachers. Anyone with an interest to learn more about Yin Yoga is welcome to attend.
Comments from past attendees:
- “Everyone in the training felt that we had been apart of something special and transforming”
- “A thousand times beyond my expectations”
- “Amazed at the vast amount of knowledge – really like the organized materials”
- “I feel so grateful to have had this opportunity.”
This course will examine what meditation is, why we do it (its many benefits, spiritually, psychologically and physically), and how to do it, from a variety of viewpoints: From Eastern Yogic and Buddhist views to Western Psychotherapeutic understanding. The course will include personal, one-on-one training in Deep Meditation, as well as group instruction, to give the student an experiential basis for the practice of meditation. Held at the Semperviva Yoga Studios – Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
An 8-Hour Yoga International Yin Yoga Online Course
The final training offered is the 8-hour online Yin Yoga for Your Body video classes lead by Bernie Clark and hosted by Yoga International. These hours are eligible for continuing education credits with Yoga Alliance.
Through these 8 on-line yin yoga classes you will learn
- The nature of yin and yang
- To practice with intention and attention
- The 3 principles of the yin yoga
- The reality of human variations
- To create a functional yoga practice
- To develop anti-fragility
- To develop mindfulness
Your Spine, Your Body – The Course
by Professor Stuart McGill and Bernie Clark
Up-to-Date Knowledge and Practices to Increase Spinal Stability, Mobility, Endurance, and Well-Being
- The code—the science of the spine
- The art—applying the science to your body
- Practices—taking it to the mat
- And, with the code below, you get 15% off the price of the course!
OTHER INTERESTING EVENTS
Paul Grilley, Sarah Powers and Biff Mithoefer offer a range of workshops all over the world. You can check out their schedules at their home web pages:
• Paul Grilley’s Schedule of Workshops
• Sarah Power’s Schedule of Workshops
• Biff Mithoefer’s Schedule of Workshops
Many teachers around the world are creating Yin Yoga based workshops and retreats. Some of them are posting these activities on our Forum page. Check it out. There may be one happening near you. (If you are a teacher, feel free to add yours to the page!)
The Yin Yoga Forum
Yin Yoga Teacher Directory
If you are having trouble finding a Yin Yoga teacher near you, or if you are traveling to somewhere new, try checking out the Directory of Yin Yoga teachers. We have hundreds of teachers registered from all over the world. If you are a teacher and are not in the directory, just send us your information and we’ll be happy to add you.