Please list me as a teacher

If you would like us to add your name to the list of Yin Yoga teachers, send us a post including the following information:

Name;
Contact Information including:
Your web address;
Email address;
Phone;
Studio name and web address where
you are offering Yin Yoga classes;
A short bio or description of your Yin Yoga teaching (~100 words);
A small head & shoulders picture [You can add an image by typing [img]location[/img] where location refers to the location of your image on the web somewhere. Just right click on your own image and select "copy image location" and paste it in.]
JessGlenny

Please list me as a teacher

Post by JessGlenny »

Name: Jess Glenny
Email: jess@movingprayer.co.uk

I offer yin (aka slow) yoga classes in south-east London. The classes started life as my own approach to yin yoga as taught by Paul Grilley, and continue to incorporate many aspects of this style of yoga. Also central to my approach are bodymind principles from Phoenix Rising yoga therapy and from somatic movement practices, so there is an emphasis on looking inwards and fostering awareness of what’s happening in the whole person through the body. The classes are also informed by restorative yoga, in which the parasympathetic nervous system is accessed and profound physical and emotional healing may occur.

I have been practising yoga since 1981 and teaching since 2003. I am a Registered Yoga Teacher, a Yoga Register Teacher (1,000 level), a certified Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapist and a Registered Somatic Movement Educator and Therapist. I also offer astanga vinyasa, vinyasa flow and emerging dance.