Y I N S I G H T S Newsletter #88 August 1, 2022
In This Issue:
- Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine: Makyō, Nimittas and Synesthesia
- The next 50-hour Online Yin Yoga Teacher Training runs September 19-25, 2022
- Meditation Revealed Online is available via recordings of the live offering
- Try 3 free Yin Yoga classes with Bernie Clark for free!
- Discounts for online courses
- What’s new in the Forum?
- The Yin Yoga Teacher Directory
Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine
“I got the sense of energy flowing through me”; “I noticed colors swirling around me”; “I see a form morphing through colors of blue and green”; “I felt energy, like tingling, at first in my hands but then through my whole body”; “I could sense the person beside me swaying wildly.”
These are just some of the reports I have been given by students after meditation or a yin yoga practice. Sometimes the student is a bit frightened by the experience and at other times they wonder if the experience signifies something important about themselves or their practice. What is going on?
Meditation Revealed Online
We are happy to announce that Meditation Revealed is now available via the recordings of the live sessions. But, even though it was recorded, you can still receive personal interaction with us and have all your questions answered via emails and through the private Facebook group.
The course includes training in Deep Meditation to give you an experiential basis for the practice of meditation. This course is a balance of theory and praxis but the course will also delve deeply into the context of both yoga and meditation and shows how they have evolved over the millennia. Understanding the historical context of these practices will help you adopt and adapt meditation to what you need for our modern times.
Other YIN YOGA Online Trainings
An 8-Hour Yoga International Yin Yoga Online Course
Through these 8 on-line yin yoga classes you will learn
- The nature of yin and yang
- To practice with intention and attention
- The 3 principles of the yin yoga
- The reality of human variations
- To create a functional yoga practice
- To develop anti-fragility
- To develop mindfulness
Your Spine, Your Body – The Course
by Professor Stuart McGill and Bernie Clark
Up-to-Date Knowledge and Practices to Increase Spinal Stability, Mobility, Endurance, and Well-Being
Professor Stuart McGill is a world-renowned expert in spine biomechanics. In this eight-hour course, Stuart and Bernie will lead you to discover:
- The code—the science of the spine
- The art—applying the science to your body
- Practices—taking it to the mat
The Yin Yoga Forum
Yin Yoga Teacher Directory
If you are having trouble finding a Yin Yoga teacher near you, or if you are traveling to somewhere new, try checking out the Directory of Yin Yoga teachers. We have hundreds of teachers registered from all over the world. If you are a teacher and are not in the directory, just send us your information and we’ll be happy to add you.