Bananasana!

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Bones

Bananasana!

Post by Bones »

Hi Bernie!

I just discovered a new Yin pose on your website, called 'Bananasana' What a great pose! I've been looking for a pose that targets the 'IT Band' I know 'Cats Tail' hits the IT band a bit, but this pose really does.
Just to make sure I'm doing the pose properly, If I move my feet and upper body to the right, obviously I am targeting the IT band on my right side? I do feel the stretch on my right side, but also a bit on my left!
Also is your new 'YinSights' book out yet? I have the 2007 edition!

Cheers,

Tony...
Bernie

The Banana Pealed

Post by Bernie »

Glad you are enjoying the Banana. I love it. Actually, if you move your legs and upper body to the right, you should feel a nice stretch on the left side. You can learn more about the pose now via the video I just posted. Check out the new Bananasana page.

Regarding my new book, it will be called The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga and I hope it will be available by the end of November. (Perfect time for Xmas gifts! :wink:)

Cheers
Bernie
Bones

Bananasana!

Post by Bones »

Thanks Bernie!

I found the video instructions to the Banana Pose before I taught last night, so I now realise if you shift your feet and upper body to the right, you get a nice stretch to the left side of the body. Everybody in the class loved it :D
I will get a copy of your new book as soon as it comes out, can't wait! I am doing the 100hour YinYoga Anatomy training with Paul Grilley in Thailand next Feb, so I will need your book for that.
I was wandering if you still practice Ashtanga 5 mornings a week? How often do you do a Yin practice? Just curious :)

Cheers,

Tony...
Bernie

The Banana has mass appeal

Post by Bernie »

I don't do Ashtanga any more, maybe once a month or so. My practice is more balanced: 1/2 yang and 1/2 yin. Glad your students like the Banana!

Cheers