yang pracise..

Check this forum for suggestions on Yin Yoga flows, sequences and postures, as well as HOW to practice Yin Yoga.
Nina

yang pracise..

Post by Nina »

Hi everyone.
As I am farily new to the wonderful Yin practise, I would like if any of you have a moment for a little advice.
"If a student is to attend 2 classes in a row, which is Ashtanga and Yin., which order would you think is best.
Thank you very much in advance, and I am looking forward to hear from one of you.
Love and kindness to you all.
Nina
Bernie

When should we do Yin?

Post by Bernie »

Hi Nina

The answer to your question is "it all depends!" It depends upon your intention. Sarah Powers tells of the time, before she understood the benefits of Yin Yoga, when she used to come to Paul Grilley's Yin classes right after doing a nice, sweaty Ashtanga practice. It was great of course, but later on she realized that by warming up her muscles first, she was not getting the most benefit for her yin tissues with this sequencing. She then switched them around. Do yin before yang, if your intention is to get the most benefit physiologically for your tissues.

There is a chapter in my online version of YinSights where I talk to this point: visit this link http://www.yinyoga.com/ys2_1.1.1_cold-warm_muscles.php.

Now, if your intention is to chill, relax or mellow out after a dynamic yang practice, then doing Yin Yoga second is perfect. You won't get the most physical benefits, but you will get the mental and emotional benefits.

So, it all depends.
Hope this helps.
Bernie
Nina

Post by Nina »

Thank you so much Bernie.
It is a great help., I am grateful for your time.
Have a nice week-end.
NIna