Yin Yoga Teacher: Alex Belcourt, Toronto, Ontario CANADA

If you would like us to add your name to the list of Yin Yoga teachers, send us a post including the following information:

Name;
Contact Information including:
Your web address;
Email address;
Phone;
Studio name and web address where
you are offering Yin Yoga classes;
A short bio or description of your Yin Yoga teaching (~100 words);
A small head & shoulders picture [You can add an image by typing [img]location[/img] where location refers to the location of your image on the web somewhere. Just right click on your own image and select "copy image location" and paste it in.]
alexbelcourt

Yin Yoga Teacher: Alex Belcourt, Toronto, Ontario CANADA

Post by alexbelcourt »

My journey through yoga over the past thirteen years has taken me to many different teachers and a variety of traditions. It was with curiosity and an openness to integration that led me to choose the eclectic 500 hour Teacher Training program at the Octopus Garden Yoga Centre in Toronto.

My ongoing studies continue in Yoga, Buddhism and Transpersonal Psychology at the Insight Yoga Institute (IYI) in San Francisco and it is at the IYI that I have had the great fortune of studying the art and practice of Yin yoga and Functional Anatomy with Sarah Powers and Paul and Suzee Grilley.

I run an intimate, community-based studio in Toronto called "The Yoga Room" and it is located at 840 St Clair West (Third Floor). My classes reflect a blend of the energy enhancing holds of Yin yoga, the breath and flow of Ashtanga, the precision and alignment of Iyengar, the therapeutic and personalized breath flow of Viniyoga and meditation in the Vipassana tradition.

Different classes emphasize more of these elements than others but it is my personal belief that a well-rounded practice needs to embrace both the active (Yang) and the passive (Yin) principles in order to find balance. As with everything, this applies off the mat as well as on.

Everyone is welcome. Namaste.

www.yogapause.wordpress.com
t. 416.710.8656
e. alex.belcourt@mac.com

ps I don't seem to be able to post a photo. Can anyone help?
Alex