Welcome to the Yin Yoga Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heart-tapping tecnhique

Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> General Yin Yoga Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsalsa

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Heart-tapping tecnhique Reply with quote

Hello! Were can i find more information about the heart tapping technique? I am looking for more information about the correct execution of it.
Thanks in advance
Bernie

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject: Heart tapping to stimulate the thymus gland. Reply with quote

Here is the way I was taught it: bring the tips of your fingers together (either hand, but I use my right hand); gently tap them up and down along the length of your sternum. Avoid tapping on the "floaty bit" at the end (that is your xiphoid process: it could break if hit too much. And, it feels uncomfortable to tap it anyway, so don't do that.) Continue tapping for 1 ~ 2 minutes.

Beneath the breastbone (sternum) lies the remains of your thymus gland. As a child it is relatively large, but it fades away as we age, however, there are always some cells there even in older people. The thymus helps to mature white bloods: teaching them to recognize what is "you" and what is foreign, so that they only attack bad things, not your own body. Tapping is believed to increase energy flow to the thymus (you can imagine an increase of blood flowing to this region due to the tapping.) I am not aware of any Western evidence to support this theory, but the absence of proof is not proof of absence.

If it feels good, go for it! Don't overdo it, though.
Cheers
Bernie
tsalsa

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Heart tapping to stimulate the thymus gland. Reply with quote

Thank you!!

Bernie wrote:
Here is the way I was taught it: bring the tips of your fingers together (either hand, but I use my right hand); gently tap them up and down along the length of your sternum. Avoid tapping on the "floaty bit" at the end (that is your xiphoid process: it could break if hit too much. And, it feels uncomfortable to tap it anyway, so don't do that.) Continue tapping for 1 ~ 2 minutes.

Beneath the breastbone (sternum) lies the remains of your thymus gland. As a child it is relatively large, but it fades away as we age, however, there are always some cells there even in older people. The thymus helps to mature white bloods: teaching them to recognize what is "you" and what is foreign, so that they only attack bad things, not your own body. Tapping is believed to increase energy flow to the thymus (you can imagine an increase of blood flowing to this region due to the tapping.) I am not aware of any Western evidence to support this theory, but the absence of proof is not proof of absence.

If it feels good, go for it! Don't overdo it, though.
Cheers
Bernie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> General Yin Yoga Topics All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: