Yoga Mat Smell

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
SolusUmbra

Yoga Mat Smell

Post by SolusUmbra »

My yoga mat smells really bad, I've tried washing it in the bathtub with soap but it only helped for alittle while, I've tired using different homemade sprays like water and baking soda and again it helps but only for a little while, but each time it comes back it seems like the smell is worse. Is it just time for a new mat or is there a way to save it?
Thanks
Basnett

Post by Basnett »

They do start to smell if you neglect them. I don't think you can get the smell out if it's really bad.
yukiriley

Post by yukiriley »

I have seen on a Science TV show that they are getting rid of smell of cutting board by exposing sunlight. Wonder if that works for a yoga mat too!?
John006

Post by John006 »

Cleaning your yoga tangle is a straightforward undertaking that keeps it sterile and scent free. Germs, infections, and microscopic organisms love sweat-soaked spots. Ringworm, for instance, is an organism that can develop on very much utilized surfaces, similar to yoga mats. Indeed, even shared mats at studios and exercise centers can be virtual mobs of growth and microscopic organisms! Conveying your own particular tangle to hone is the most ideal approach to remain sterile - as long as your tangle itself is spotless.