Yang practice before Yin practice

Check this forum for suggestions on Yin Yoga flows, sequences and postures, as well as HOW to practice Yin Yoga.
Kerry with a K

Yang practice before Yin practice

Post by Kerry with a K »

Hi Bernie,

Starting tomorrow I will begin teaching Yin to practitioners at the local studio. Many have said they will come to Yin after their Vinyasa 1/2 class. This will leave them a 15 minute break before practices. Would you please advise me if this is a good idea? I'm concerned a practicioner may want to wait more than 15 mins before Yin.

TIA,
Kerry with a K
_/\_
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Kerry

Your question is a good one, and one that has been discussed many times in this Forum. So, perhaps I can just point you to where we have talked about this? You can check out these discussions:

When to do Yin?
More on when to yin
Hot Yin

In the end, I hope you will discover that anytime can be a good time to do Yin Yoga...there are many levels of benefits, not just physical. I used to teach a back to back pair of classes: Hatha and then Yin. There was only 15 minutes in between the classes and many students took both: they called it a "double-dip". It was beneficial for the students to have the yin after the yang because this was late in the evening and it helped them wind down before bed. We don't always have to be seeking maximum physical health: mental health and calming energy work is great too!

Good luck!
Bernie
Kerry with a K

Post by Kerry with a K »

Yinderful! Many Thanks for your tremendous contribution and dedication to the Yin Practice and for your quick response to my query.

With metta,
Kerry
_/\_