Welcome to the Yin Yoga Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sphinx and shoulders pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga Postures, Practice & Sequences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isabelle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Sphinx and shoulders pain Reply with quote

Hi ! Smile

Some students have shoulders pain when they do sphinx pose (elbow under shoulder).

I have the same issue when I read in that pose. I stay longer than student do too !

Are there solutions for students... and for reading in that pose !

Have a beautiful day !
Bernie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Isabelle

There are a couple of options your student can try: have the elbows further ahead, rather than right under the shoulders, or try a bolster under the arm pits. This may reduce the amount of stress in the lower back but time is more important than intensity, so if it means they can linger longer, that is good. They could also try doing the pose with bent knees to create a bit of the lost sensation.

If nothing solves the problem, do a different pose, like supported bridge.

Let us know how it goes.
Cheers
Bernie
Isabelle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for these informations ! I will apply it in my next class Smile Students love to be optimized with options that help them... infused in the pose !

Have a wonderful day !! You make mine Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga Postures, Practice & Sequences All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: