Welcome to the Yin Yoga Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dantien massage, press the reset button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga and Energy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mobella

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Dantien massage, press the reset button Reply with quote

Hi Bernie, can you remind of what we did for this in our training? I just reviewed the posted sheet of sequence and saw this and I've been exploring the concept of Lower Dantien in my meditation practice.
With thanks, Mo
Bernie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For massaging the dan t'ien, we simple used light fists and patted the belly. You could go in circles, you could do the sides of the belly or even do the back body, working up to the lower ribs and massage the kidneys.

For pressing the reset button, you can read an earlier forum post here. To do it, it is described in YinSights as follows:
    Pressing the Reset Button
    Make a fist with your right hand and stick out your thumb. Hold your right wrist with your left hand, and gently but firmly push your right thumb into the navel. Relax the stomach on the inhalations and push deeper. If pain occurs, stop.

Cheers,
Bernie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga and Energy All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: