Block and Yin Yoga

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Isabelle

Block and Yin Yoga

Post by Isabelle »

Hi ! ☺�

I am curious to know why a block under the hips is never suggested as an alternative in hips flexion for Yin Yoga pose (like butterfly, straddle, caterpillar, half shoelace). In the absence of blanket (and often the rolled yoga mat is not enough), the use of the block under buttock seems to benefit fortunately to several students. Very very a lot ! And some love cork block (because of the weight, sometimes). And I want to make sure that this alternative is good for them !

Thank you for your help and have a great day !! 😊

Isabelle
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Sure, a block under the butt can be helpful, especially for students who are flexion challenged. In my experience, blocks are harder and not as comfortable to sit on, compared to a folded blanket, rolled-up yoga mat or a foam-chipped cushion, but blocks are higher, which may be better for stiffer students. Its all good! Just experiment and find out what works best.

Cheers, Bernie
Isabelle

Post by Isabelle »

Thank you so much Bernie for your help! Very helpful and reassuring for me :D

Have a very great day !

Isabelle