Welcome to the Yin Yoga Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Block and Yin Yoga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> General Yin Yoga Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isabelle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Block and Yin Yoga Reply with quote

Hi !

I am curious to know why a block under the hips is never suggested as an alternative in hips flexion for Yin Yoga pose (like butterfly, straddle, caterpillar, half shoelace). In the absence of blanket (and often the rolled yoga mat is not enough), the use of the block under buttock seems to benefit fortunately to several students. Very very a lot ! And some love cork block (because of the weight, sometimes). And I want to make sure that this alternative is good for them !

Thank you for your help and have a great day !!

Isabelle
Bernie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, a block under the butt can be helpful, especially for students who are flexion challenged. In my experience, blocks are harder and not as comfortable to sit on, compared to a folded blanket, rolled-up yoga mat or a foam-chipped cushion, but blocks are higher, which may be better for stiffer students. Its all good! Just experiment and find out what works best.

Cheers, Bernie
Isabelle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Bernie for your help! Very helpful and reassuring for me Very Happy

Have a very great day !

Isabelle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> General Yin Yoga Topics All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: