Welcome to the Yin Yoga Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question about your spine your yoga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga and Spine Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annelise Piers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: question about your spine your yoga Reply with quote

Dear Bernie,

I absolutely loved the last course on Yoga Intl and am looking at 'Your spine, your yoga'. I teach yin and have been getting students with varied spinal issues.

I do so want to go deeper into yin as therapy -- both for the body and mind. In the past two months, I've had students with retrolisthesis, spondylolysis, (so easy to misread it as spondylosis--which happened). These aren't very common and so I learn every day, but I do so want to have a solid understanding in order to work with them.

Would you say this course would give me that deep understanding of the possible 'issues' of the spine and ways to create safe practices?

Annelise
Bernie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Annelise

In short: no, this course won’t give you the “deep understanding of the possible issues of the spine” but it does discuss how to create safe practices.

For the depth of knowledge you are seeking, you may want to enrol in university level courses. I don’t think an 8-hour video will get you where you want to go. My book Your Spine, Your Yoga may be more helpful for you as it does go into more anatomical depth than the video.

Having said all that, hearing Prof McGill talk is always instructive and his series of exercises can be helpful to a wide variety of patients.

Cheers
Bernie
Annelise Piers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Bernie. I do appreciate you.

I do hope I can take the course this month, as im saving up to do my 50 hour training with you in November Smile

I'll pick up the book in the meantime.

Much gratitude

Annelise
Bernie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Yoga International will give you a $100 discount off the 50 hour course if you have already purchased the spine course. You may want to check into that with their help desk.

Cheers!
Annelise Piers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bernie. I will write them.

Bless you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga and Spine Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: