Welcome to the Yin Yoga Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

props and online teaching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> General Yin Yoga Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marieclaire.lacey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject: props and online teaching Reply with quote

hey! i was just wondering if anyone had any tips on encouraging students to bring props to online yoga classes? I describe the importance of props in class information and ask students to bring things like books/blankets/cushions etc. But still have students turning up with no props. I was just wondering if anyone has found successful ways of stressing the importance of props?
Bernie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any special tricks to get people to bring props, other than reminders, both before class and during the class for next time. But, since teaching online means most people are at home, maybe you can get them to improvise with what is around? They can go to their bedrooms and get a thick blanket which can be folded and rolled up for lots of uses. If the students show up with only their yoga mat, use that. Fold it, roll it, etc.

Good luck!
svadhayakosha

Location: Svadhyaya Kosha B-3, Deecon, Valley, Laxman Jhula Tapowan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject: Why Are Props Important In A Yoga Class Reply with quote

Yes! I do have some up to the mark ideas in my mind that will help young yoga practitioners in understanding the importance of bringing props to a yoga class.
The very first thing that you need to understand is that using props does not mean that you are weak or that you are cheating. There is nothing wrong with asking for assistance, even if it is from a materialistic thing.
Props basically help practitioners of all levels in yoga to gain the essence of a yoga pose while receiving the benefits side-by-side and not overdoing it. When you will give yourself a little support, your body will be able to gently unfold itself into the pose.
So, consider using props like taking help from your friend and dive straight into the practice of yoga.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> General Yin Yoga Topics All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: