Welcome to the Yin Yoga Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warm yin yoga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga Postures, Practice & Sequences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7hondo5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Warm yin yoga Reply with quote

I have been thinking about warm yin, especially since this month's newsletter. I am wondering if the rubber band analogy actually applies within the body or if there is a better analogy available. The fact that we look to have the muscle relaxed in order to better stretch the fascia but that warmth that tends to relax the muscles is seen as not preferred for Yin has not made sense to me. In light of the newer idea of fascia as a gel, does not having a warmer environment promote the liquidizing of the fascia? I am curious about other's thoughts on this subject.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reply to your post has been submitted on a different thread. You can read it here.
Jacqui

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my Yin Yoga training in a hot country and found it beneficial as my muscles were more relaxed. It allowed me to go deeper into my body. It felt different, easier to let go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga Postures, Practice & Sequences All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: