How do I submit a picture?

If you would like us to add your name to the list of Yin Yoga teachers, send us a post including the following information:

Name;
Contact Information including:
Your web address;
Email address;
Phone;
Studio name and web address where
you are offering Yin Yoga classes;
A short bio or description of your Yin Yoga teaching (~100 words);
A small head & shoulders picture [You can add an image by typing [img]location[/img] where location refers to the location of your image on the web somewhere. Just right click on your own image and select "copy image location" and paste it in.]
admin
Site Admin

How do I submit a picture?

Post by admin »

If you are wondering how to submit a small picture to go along with your bio and other contact information ... you are asking a good question. There is no way to submit attachments via the discussion board. So what you should do is email your picture to teacherdirectory@yinyoga.com

We will take it from there.
Mary

Yin Yoga Teaching

Post by Mary »

I have been teaching yoga for 5 years now. I very much like the philosophy of Yin Yoga and have been intuitively teaching it to my students. E.G. getting the students to really feel into their bodies when doing a pose and not always listening to a teacher if their body is telling them something different.

What do I need to do to become a Yin Yoga teacher? I live in Ireland.
Bernie Clark

How to become a Yin Yoga teacher

Post by Bernie Clark »

Hi Mary

Since you are already teaching yoga adding Yin to your classes is not too hard. There is no "authorizing body" governing Yin Yoga and many yoga teachers have started adding yin poses to their classes after just taking one or two classes themselves. Obviously this won't give them the depth this style can offer. You may want to seek out a weekend or weeklong intensive offering focused on Yin Yoga. To find out what is being offered check the Upcoming Events page and click on Sarah Power's schedule. She teaches in Europe quite frequently.

Good luck with the journey!
Bernie
Damonomad

Damon Honeycutt info

Post by Damonomad »

Hey Damonomad here,
I am so glad this has finally happened!
below is my info,
all the best,
Damon

Damon Honeycutt is a transdisciplinary artist whose work involves the cohesion of many traditions. He holds an MA in Conscious Evolution and Integral Studies from The Graduate Institute and a BFA from California Institute of the arts in music composition and cross cultural dance studies. Damon is a grassroots martial arts practitioner and yogi that now resides in NYC where he started The Temple of the Monkey, through which he teaches Taoist Yoga as taught to him by Paulie Zink and Paul Grilley.

www.wayofthenomad.com
http://tribes.tribe.net/templeofthemonkey

Studio
Temple of the monkey and
Three Treasures Inc.
135 west 29th st, Suite 601
New York, New York
Begin by learning and reach the point where learning no longer exists.
admin
Site Admin

Welcome Damon

Post by admin »

Your profile is now in the Directory. I stole an image off your web site, hope you don't mind. If you'd like something else just email it to us.

cheers
Bernie
Lala22

Post by Lala22 »

Now I devote my teaching and personal practice to Yin Yoga and have found increased self-acceptance and serenity. I do not have specific Yin training but I have studied publications and DVD/audio, including work by Paul Grilley and Sarah Powers.