goldilock-resting time

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
gregor

goldilock-resting time

Post by gregor »

Dear Bernie,

The Goldilock article was the right tip! Thank you!
In the article you mention the resting time.
I remember from Paul Grilley, that it is not advisable to stress the same yin tissue one after the other day.
Let's say we stress on day mainly the hip area and another the back or shoulders...how long should the resting time be between those sessions?
i can imagine that it differs to the time how long you do a session.
but nevertheless, you want to build up the poses so that you get from less to more stress, keeping the goldilock frame-so it will be naturally at least 20min.
i remember that in terms of building muscle tissue there is a successful physician from Switzerland (Dr. Kieser), who created a chain of training centers. he is using the research that the muscle, stressed through the machines in those centers needs at least 48 hours to recover in order to be able to go to its maximum again. it works. and its very popular especially among older people in the German speaking countries.
is there a similiar approach concerning the resting time of stressed yin-tissue?

all the best,
Gregor
Bernie

Resting time

Post by Bernie »

Hi Gregor ... read these posts and you will find the answer to your question.

http://www.yinyoga.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=521
http://www.yinyoga.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=410

Cheers!
Bernie
gregor

Post by gregor »

very helpful! thank you Bernie!

Gregor