strength training

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
danhalleck@hotmail.com

strength training

Post by danhalleck@hotmail.com »

Good Afternoon Bernie,

If I'm not mistaken, did you mention once you had a personal weight training set you do? If so, would you mind telling me what it is? Turned 75 a month ago and am looking for strength training to go along with the yoga.

Cheers,

Daniel
Bernie

Re: strength training

Post by Bernie »

Hi Dan

Never to old to build or maintain strength. Good luck with your training. For me, I like to do pushups (all the way to the floor!), and sometimes arm balances like Crow and Handstands, but I also swing kettle bells. Basic stuff like arm curls, presses, deadlift, suitcase carries. Nothing too fancy. The science is mixed on whether you should go for your maximum one rep resistance, or just keep lifting lighter weights until you are tired. I am not sure it really matters at our age: just exercise your muscles. Your whole body benefits.

Cheers
Bernie
danhalleck@hotmail.com

Re: strength training

Post by danhalleck@hotmail.com »

As always Bernie
Thank you brother
Stay safe
Cheers,
Daniel