I started practicing yoga during the lockdown and now I fina

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
DylanOwen

I started practicing yoga during the lockdown and now I fina

Post by DylanOwen »

It has always been a mystery to me how people do namaste behind their backs or grasp their fingers with one arm raised over a shoulder and the other one reaching to the other hand's fingers from below.

Even my mother, who is 48 years old, does stuff like this without any problems. I felt terribly inflexible and much older than I really am.

It seemed to me that the lockdown was a sign that it was time to finally deal with this. Let me share my experience and tell you what I've been doing to come to the result in the photo.

I changed my diet

The key to success is raw starchless fruits, veggies, lots of water and no salt.

What I've been eating:

â—� Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, arugula, collards

â—� Berries and other fresh fruits like strawberries, cherries, and oranges

â—� Nuts with healthy fats like almonds, walnuts and cashews

â—� Fish high in Omega 3 like salmon etc.

2. I added a daily shoulder mobility routine.

I started doing yoga every morning after waking up and every night before going to bed as well as during my lunch break (30 minutes before having a meal).
Gustavo.Woltmann

Re: I started practicing yoga during the lockdown and now I fina

Post by Gustavo.Woltmann »

Wow, that's a lot of changes. Are you actually doing Yoga three times a day? -Gustavo Woltmann, accredited Yoga teacher.