Alternative to Sandhausen/ cross leg sit

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
cloa513

Alternative to Sandhausen/ cross leg sit

Post by cloa513 »

Hi I am Mark. I live in Japan. I am a man. I have been weightlifting for years and now stronger than anyone else around me. I have however have bad hips( twisting) , chronic belching, some lower back weakness and upper back rigidity and shoulder tightness. I have been considering yoga and did some in class many years ago in australia and fitness classes in Japan several years ago. I can touch my toes with slightly bent knees and kneeling on cushions for a lomg time with some stress. Currently all medicine and dietary control ( even 22hr fasting gives bad belching) has failed to handle my bad belching so I think it is stress. My wife is a control freak and anti- sex and anti- intimacy. We have an overactive son and big fluffy cat. I wanted to try Yoga for Vivienne Yoga for Relaxation as shown on Youtube. The basic Sandhausen is painful for my hips. What is an alternative?
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hello Mark

I am not familiar with the term "Sandhausen". What is it?

Given your background, I would suggest your best approach to starting a yoga practice is with a teacher. I know, with the Coronavirus pandemic causing everyone to be locked down, it can be hard to find a yoga class today, but you should be able to find a teacher who can work with you one-on-one or via Zoom. Having personalized attention to start your practice will ensure you are on the path that works best for you.

good luck!
Bernie