Timers

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
birdyroger

Timers

Post by birdyroger »

I want to recommend this timer (2 pack). I have been doing yin yoga for several years now, and keeping track of the time has been a problem.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TM ... UTF8&psc=1

It fits very nicely into one's hand. It has only three buttons so it is super-easy to use. Someone sold a three button timer on Amazon when I first started yin yoga and I bought it. It was really good, but the construction was poor. I dropped it once and it never fully recovered. Now several manufactures have discovered how convenient three button timers are, but this particular one is very solidly built. Timing my poses (1 to 8 minutes) has become very easy.

I get nothing from this recommendation.
Yin Yoga fanatic
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Can you adjust the volume of the signal at the end?
birdyroger

Post by birdyroger »

I forgot to mention that it is loud, but 3 pieces of duct tape over the entire side that has the grid hole will solve that problem. The two costs about $8.
Yin Yoga fanatic
birdyroger

Timers again

Post by birdyroger »

I should have said the tape should go over the edge where the "speaking" holes are, covering the "speaker" holes and the thingie designed to hang the timer if necessary. That makes it much less noisy.
Yin Yoga fanatic
Yinyogambs

Re: Timers

Post by Yinyogambs »

I bought sand timers - ones they use in school. I can just use several at one time for reminding for one minute to end of pose.
Gustavo.Woltmann

Post by Gustavo.Woltmann »

I haven't used timers before, thanks for the info. -Gustavo Woltmann, Yoga teacher
LucasStewart

Post by LucasStewart »

Purchased, tested. Very convenient thing, never used before. Thank you!
Joey

Post by Joey »

I have never used a timer neither, but I sort of felt the need for one more than once before - thank you for the tip birdieroger I will give this a go ;)