Cell signal from the immune system affecting the myofascia

This section provides an opportunity to share scientific articles and studies that shine some light on how Yin Yoga affects us. When you post a link to a study or article here, please include one or two paragraphs summarizing the important findings and/or provide the salient quotation from the article. Please do not simply cut and paste the whole study: provide only links and your summary.
YangYoga

Cell signal from the immune system affecting the myofascia

Post by YangYoga »

Hi!

I remember Berine talking about one of the reasons you feel stiff when you get sick.
There is a specific molecule that is send out from the immune system that fights off the virus, and it's the same one that signals to our myofascia to contract.

I just can't remember the name, I think it was somethting-something-beta 1
Bernie

Re: Cell signal from the immune system affecting the myofascia

Post by Bernie »

Yes, it is called transforming growth factor beta 1 or TGFB1. You can read a bit more about in Robert Schleip's writings or research, such as this 2020 study called Manipulation of the Fascial System Applied During Acute Inflammation of the Connective Tissue of the Thoracolumbar Region Affects Transforming Growth Factor-β1 and Interleukin-4 Levels: Experimental Study in Mice.
Cheers
Bernie